Having fun at your own house can be fun, but after a long time, I think most people can agree it can get quite boring. Whether it is a normal day or if there is COVID-19 in your area, here are five things I recommend you do so you can stay at least somewhat productive with your time:
- Rest up. If you have nothing to do, it is not a bad idea to catch up on some hours you missed the past few nights. That way, when you are busy, you will feel more capable of completing your task. At night, it is easier to go to sleep when you are bored because when you have lots of thoughts going through your mind, it is harder to sleep because your mind is distracting you. No one likes being tired, so if you have the chance, you can relax and take a nice afternoon nap so you can finish the day strong.
- Playing video/board games. I know video games is something we tend to do too much already, but the reason why this is a good suggestion is because time will pass by faster than you will think. Anything fun like this will entertain you for the time being until you can (safely) get back to normal activities you have planned throughout the week. There are also plenty of board or even card games you can play that are not on the internet such as Monopoly that you can play for hours and hours. This leads into my next suggestion.
- Have fun together as a group. If there are a group of you that have nothing to do, you might as well try to play something that you can’t do by yourself. Even playing games online with others is a great choice. Whether it is friends of family, or the same group over and over again, it should be more fun than trying to do something by yourself. This is a highly recommended thing to do if you are bored because you can do a lot more multiplayer activities than single player, and even in single player games like minecraft, Roblox, Fortnite, etc., it is always nice to have a friend play with you on your side.
- Take a short drive. If it is legal and you have your own vehicle, getting out of the house for an hour or two is a way to take a break from living in your house for a long time. You can take some snacks and refreshments and drive to somewhere like a lake and come right back. The experience is even better if there is less traffic and your destination is quiet and peaceful. If you know somewhere like this, going to it every once in a while is a nice way to give you a break before resuming your normal schedule.
- Increase your skill level with your hobbies. Whether it is music, drawing, writing, reading, or running, you can take the time to get better and better at it and use it to impress others. If you have a very long time to spend on something like this, you can plan out a project and use your skills to create something big. You get bonus points for making money off of what you create. Whatever you do, make it something you or others will enjoy, have fun doing it, and be very creative with what you make!